FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX DL Agent: "You can't SDC for the next JFK flight becaue you're in New York"
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:10 am
Oakshadow

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
LAX DL Agent: "You can't SDC for the next JFK flight because you're in New York"

Well, not exactly those words. But in effect that's what the agent told me.

Was booked on a morning LAX-JFK flight but work got crazy and I couldn't take it. I drove to LAX in the evening to (hopefully) SDC for an evening flight. The agent typed in my info and said, "We have you boarded onto your booked flight this morning so I can't re-book you." While the LAX agent I was standing in front of believed I was in Los Angeles and not New York, the system didn't. He had to call God or somebody to get it sorted out. When he was speaking to whoever he said lines like, "No he's not a ghost" and "I checked his I.D. several times."

The agent got it fixed, but couldn't figure out how it happened. He speculated that somebody typed in the wrong PNR number at a Kiosk, didn't look at the printed boarding pass, the TSA checker was phoning it in and they don't check IDs at boarding.

At least "I" didn't get upgraded. As a FO I never get UG'd on the LAX-JFK run and I'd be a bit tiffed if my impostor did.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Apr 13, 2011 at 8:13 am Reason: sp