FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:42 pm
thebutlerdidit

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
You left out better beach/snorkeling. To me that's the biggest win for the Sheraton. It's not like the walk to Whaler's Village is that long either.
The rap I heard on the Sheraton is that the pools aren't heated. I did a walkthrough of the property during my stay at the WM in February, but I neglected to stick my hand in a pool there to see how cold it was. How cold are they?

The pools at the WM are at least heated a little bit, which helps if you're visiting in February.

And that walk to Whaler's from the Sheraton is kinda long if you're making a late night run to the ABC store to get something your wife is craving! WM is much closer.

Otherwise I felt that the Sheraton was set a lot further back from the water than the WM which would mean not as good ocean views as the Westin. Also, a conventioneer from the Sheraton was sitting next to me at the bar at Leilani's one night, and he told me the wait staff at the Sheraton's restaurant was downright rude. May have been a simple case of YMMV...