FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 weeks in Europe: critique my packing list
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:01 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
It would help to know what cities/countries you'll be visiting and what activities you'll be doing during days and nights.

I spent 2 weeks in Japan & Hong Kong last May-June and 2 weeks in Morocco earlier this month. My trips typically involve a lot of walking during the daytime. Evenings may or may not be dressier. Looking at your packing lists with my typical travel in mind, I'd say:
1. More pants, but that's a personal choice.
2. More layering options. For Morocco I knew I'd be dealing with temps ranging from 40s to high 80s (sometimes in the same day). I had two jackets--one suede, one lighter--and a couple cardigan sweaters. So I could layer t-shirt, sweater, jacket and then remove accordingly.
3. I'm horribly blister prone, so for a 3-week trip I'm inclined to bring 4 pairs of shoes. These would typically include 1 pair of running shoes (which I rarely wear while walking around), 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of close-toed shoes & 1 pair of dressy shoes. My Morocco trip was complicated by the fact that I broke my big toe about 4 days before departure.

FWIW, I keep an electronic packing list for all of my longer trips and post-trip I'll do a critique so I can improve my packing for future trips. (For future Morocco trips, fo example, I'll make notes to ditch the workout wear--as a woman, I don't feel comfortable running there--and the dryer/flat iron.)