FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Baggage Excellence' Campaign: carry on rules check/enforcement [feedback]
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:11 pm
FriendlyConfines

Originally Posted by JayPS
I don't think you actually understood my point.
Handluggage space in C cabin and weight limit rules are not the act of God.
I don't mean breaking the rules, I mean simply configuring the cabin and setting the rules in such way, that would fulfill the needs of the people willing to pay much more for the travel or those travelling really frequently with the given airline.

One of the reasons to buy C ticket on shorthaul fligts is often ability to take more handlugggage or to have a jacket properly hanged for the journey (maybe small thing, but important for many of us).

If the bag is too heavy to be put in the overhead compartment (some other airlines have less restrictive rules though) it could be stored in the sufficient wardrobe (if the wardrobe exists).
Nowadays as we could read from the previous posts, with the new cabin concept, even the 2x8kg for C rule is not always observed and the pax are asked to check in their trolleys much more often.

As you can read above, it makes many pax upset - and the outcome can make LH less atractive for many potential business class travellers, especially those living outside Germany, who can sometimes choose as convenient connection with other airline.

Do I want to break the rules - no.
Do I want the rules to be sufficient for my needs if I am paying a few times more for the ticket or if I spent annualy a considarable amount of money with the airline/alliance - yes.
Prawilno! A cogent response, accurately summing up what many of us think.