FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL: LAX-ATL-JFK-NRT-BKK RT $1161 ai
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:38 am
Yaatri
Suspended

Originally Posted by rally
any more info. do you fly over Europe ? Is it all on Delta ?

thanks

Rally
I am sorry, I forgot to add that it's on Delta all the way. I do not fly over Europe.
I found the flights on ITA (LAX to BKK via JFK) and then booked on Delta.com using multi-city search. If you search by price, delta.com may or may not show that routing,. If it does, price would be higher as one of inbound or outbound might be an class higher than T. But if you search using schedule and pick the flights shown by ITA, the itinerary will price lower (in T class all the way). ITA returns LAX-JFK-NRT-BKK and back only, but you will have to play around with delta.com's search by price to route through ATL. The $1025 for LAX-NRT-BKK isn't great, but going through JFK makes it worthwhile.

The search parameters were LAX-JFK, JFK-BKK and reverse. I could have squeezed a few more miles by going through ATL on inbound JFK-LAX too, but it would have brought be into LAX at a time that might have required an overnight in LAX, as I have to come back home to DCA (using DCA-LAX award ticket, which I managed to get the lowest mileage level). PM me if you need any more info.
Since you are based in LAX you would be able to explore more options adding another segment or two. LAX-BKK without the JFK diversion prices at $1025 on ITA. AN extra $135 for 8000 more miles is not bad.

Last edited by Yaatri; Apr 9, 2011 at 10:48 am