FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entertaining a 6 year old boy for 3 days in LA
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:44 am
businesstraveller2

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
He would probably enjoy La Brea Tar Pits. It's not that far from Beverly Hills.
Definitely do the tar pits. This is a great place for kids. I took my niece and nephew there they were 5 and 2 at the time and they loved it. We spent a good portion of a day there. 6 is not too old.

Also I would get the car if you can. It's so much easier to get around LA especially from Bev Hills if you have a car.

For a six year old you can go to the Santa Monica Pier they have some fun rides for younger kids. It was about the perfect level for my 5 year old niece and she is a mature 5. You could drop mom off at the 3rd street promenade and take the boy to the pier for a few hours - play on the rides get some junk food walk on the beach that sort of thing. Also the new santa monica place at the end of the promenade would be nice for mom. Lots of shops and open air cafes where she can sit and rest periodically. This is very close to the pier you could walk from there.

In Bev Hills you are near hollywood you can go to the walk of the stars and get his picture taken with "spiderman" and also go to the wax museum that is fun for kids we took the N&N there as well and it worked well.