FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WDW Groceries Question
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:00 pm
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bearbear

Pack a bunch of groceries and buy perishables in an expensive shop at the boardwalk. Booze will kill me on this one.
Take it from a beer drinker: you DO NOT want to buy beer (and wine) onsite. A single Heineken is, as I recall, $5.50. A few years ago they'd sell you a six-pack for about $11, just low enough to make it too much trouble to go out, but that deal is gone. And they don't have any craft beer. Why, I don't understand, since they'd make plenty selling it.

And the wine is hideous and WAY WAY overpriced. $15 for a bottle of something literally undrinkable.

I'm not sure how much the shopping services charge, but I have heard good things about them.

We always rent a car for our stays for this reason, among others, but if you will be taking Disney transportation during your stay, my recommendation would be to rent a car for one day. MCO is usually pretty cheap for rentals.

I'd just forget Magical Express from the airport and rent a car, stopping on the way in for your supplies. Or take the family to the resort, then go out foraging. I normally buy most stuff at the Wal-Mart Supercenter, then go to Winn-Dixie to pick up extra things as needed, fresh bread/veggies/seafood, etc. And there is a liquor store in front of the Winn-Dixie.

And by going to Wal-Mart, you don't have to drag sunscreen, etc. down with you.

Figure out the rental car drop details. Many times (always?) there is no drop charge in FL.