FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wait, Didn’t you just had a RTW trip this year (AA F, CX F, TK F/J, LH F/J, UA F)
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:45 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Part 7 – What a “Suite/Sweet” Version 2. Andaz Wall Street

Arrive into JFK and onto the CBP checkpoint, the visitor line was just crowded and especially landing after a MU flight from PVG, you’re just asking to be stuck. The place was full of Asia and European students with student visa papers. That was even worse than just the iris and fingerprints for most ESTA and other US visa visitors. This stalled me about 35 mins. Got onto the A train, which I only waited 2 mins at Howard Beach, it wasn’t bad but everybody was hiding in the station since it was in the mid 20s outside. What was even funnier was seeing someone like me walking outside with a large coat but it wasn’t even buttoned guess that’s what happen when your taught how to live through Upstate winter weather.

The A train took approx. 1 hr which was the usual norm for me. Transfer to 2/3 train to Wall Street. And there I was, my friend coming to join me for the night was already been sitting there and had already inquired if I had checked in yet. At check-in, I enquired if they had done my suite upgrade reservation correctly as I was messed up last time at Liverpool Street. No troubles today, I enquired about what suite I was put in. The agent said Buttonwood suite, wow, now that was a suite. I immediately told my friend it was going to be sick suite tonight. My friend personally enjoys the Andaz on 5th Avenue more but I personally enjoy Wall Street. Slightly bigger room and overall lower rates at Wall Street is a big motivator, and I have a bit of a history staying at the property which definitely helps.

Andaz Wall Street

The suite as I have seen some photos of it was simply fabulous, 1.5 bathrooms, ½ kitchen, 12 person dining table with 2 full sets of couches, and a full bedroom hidden away on one side of the suite. This is how a suite should be! Due to the cold temperature and my lack of appetite, we just used the hotel restaurant for a light dinner. Back upstairs to enjoy the room a little and off to bed at 8pm, I was just dead and I still have 3 full days of Mileage runs to look forward to. Needed all the rest I can get.

Now what did I think about this suite, it was a bit of a waste for an overnight but I like staying there so whatever. What I really would died for of course is to have this suite for my birthday, you can throw a 30 person party in this room and there would still be enough room for it. You can even use the table to play beer pong and flip cup, haha!

I slightly woke up around 12am then was back to sleep til about 3:30am which was just about the time to wake up for my 7am flight out of JFK. Consulting the MTA website for trains was a great idea due to low frequency of trains at that hour. Left the Andaz at 4:30am and got to JFK by 5:45am which was pretty good since they were running local lines only through Brooklyn.

Next Part
Part 8 – Only a ½ year late, United P.S First JFK-SFO