FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Baggage Excellence' Campaign: carry on rules check/enforcement [feedback]
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:38 pm
LaPlanche

By the way, how comes you have often seen people remove tags from their luggage, then take it on board to then be told again to check it in? Or are you talking about gate checking of bags like you do on small aircrafts?
The luggage was labeled at the gate and removed while walking through the jetbridge ... the FA had information about whos bag was labeled. A new tag was putted on it. Very embarrassing for the passenger! In other cases the FA didn't realize that the hand baggage was labeled. Last couple of weeks, administration staff was sometimes observing boarding process in the jetbridge and asked passengers to leave their checked bags right there.

Today at the gate in MUC, they didn't just check the size and counted the pieces but checked the weight as well! Some very funny discussions occurred with angry SENs. Behaved like little children and as rules wouldnt apply for them.

Makes me feel better that I just today decided not to book LH on some upcoming short haul but am taking the train instead. I am curious to know how my 'laptop bag' which contains a laptop but isn't an official laptop case would fare, but not curious enough to take the risk at the moment.
If you just have one bag with a laptop you shouldn't have a problem.

Congratulations on your first post, LaPlanche!
Thanks! Was reading for a very long time. I'm very sensitive about the hand luggage topic and thats why I joined this discussion. Had some very bad experience. Not because I had problems with my luggage, but with somebody else's trolley which caused serious injuries!