FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Charlotte [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:14 pm
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was there just last week and yes it has improved from my first stay back in May. As a Platinum, I was given a beautiful corner suite, with a large bouquet of flowers delivered, followed by a lavish fruit bowl, cheese & crackers & big bottle of Pellgrino. There is still the main dining room with its open kitchen & prix fixe dinner. The bar area is across from the check in desk and feels spacious and comfortable. The health club was open this time, and there is a nice size pool and work out room. As I do not travel with my computer, I can't tell you specifically about internet services, but did see the connections in both living & bed rooms. From what I hear from locals in CLT, it is doing well with them, and seems to be quite popular for dinner. I was there the day the Falcons were playing the Panthers, and occupancy was pretty high. There is a complimentary limo service to the financial center (Trade & Tryon)--at least for my company, but the walk isn't too bad. It is right across from the new convention center, so I imagine it will be taking some business away from the Hilton. From my standpoint, it sure beats the old Four Points on McDowell, where I use to stay to garner those *wood points