FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:57 am
Degan

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), DL PLT
Originally Posted by troyb
I'm almost positive that the Fast Track signs at T5 indicate First, Club, Club Europe, Amex Centurion, then the respective Oneworld levels.
The Fast Track signs at Flight Connect leading to the escalator to the upper level for security do not include OneWorld levels. I will try to get a photo next time I am going through.

However, it is a huge YMMV situation. Sometimes, I have had the Flight Connect gate keepers who check your boarding pass direct me into the Fast Track line. Sometimes I have simply moved into it on my own where it would clearly be quicker than the regular line.

The two escalator merge at the top, where there are gate keepers directing PAX into each security area. Sometimes I have been directed into a Fast Track area, sometimes I have been denied entrance to a Fast Track area.

On this last trip, none of the Fast Track security areas were being used, leading to some loud grumbling by some PAX. To compound the problem, I did a poor job profiling the group ahead of me and entered a security line with a large slow obstacle. Thankfully, the champagne and breakfast at the lounge were nice as always.