FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:05 am
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by booyaa
What's up with all the huge CLs? I have Freedom with 4.3k and CO with 4k, granted I'm still in grad school. I should have no problem with this BA card, right? Scores in mid-700s, have 6 inquiries on TU, which I believe is what they pull from here.
I believe income is one significant factor in granting CL's. I have 4 rental properties (with 4 mortgages) and I don't get super high CL's (except from Credit Unions) due to the banks thinking my mortgages are like credit card debt. Their computer models automatically give me lower CL's. With recons, I usually can get decent limits when I explain to a "human" that my rents are greater than income. I usually don't need the high CL's (15-20K+), I just want the nice signup bonuses. I got "stung" with Barclay's US Airways card. Got their Plat 10K version instead of 35K. Having to talk to their outsourced CSR's is a major "pain". All they know is to read from their "script".

My wife gets pretty decent CL's (most credit cards use household income).

I have learned to put "gross" rent (plus my regular wages) in the applications. One time I put "net" rental income & I got a turn down with a Credit Union. On recon with extensive documentation, I got offered a very nice CL.