FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saver VS Flex Fare Changes...
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:16 am
B747-437B

I've got a rather unique situation here. I booked a flight 2 days ago BOM-DXB-ACC fare basis BEE1YIN1. Since the ticket is to Accra, I have to show up in person at a ticket office with my credit card before the ticket will be issued.

The rules emailed to me 2 days ago with the booking (verified in the GDS at the time) show BEE1YIN1 to be a FLEX fare. When I ticketed it this morning at the office in Accra, the same BEE1YIN1 is now a SAVER fare (again verified in the GDS).

The PNR still shows that I am entitled to FLEX miles but the e-ticket receipt states SKYWARDS SAVER.

Skywards defines Flex Fares as "* Skywards Flex fares are those with no eligibility restrictions that are available for purchase all year round" and Saver Fares as "**Skywards Saver fares are all other discounted fares that have eligibility restrictions, or have a limited sales period". BEE1YN1 has no restrictions, is available for sale thoughout the year and has a 1-year validity period. Other than an obscure endorsement line that is not even visible at booking (the website still shows it as a FLEX fare), there is nothing to suggest it is a SAVER fare.