FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saver VS Flex Fare Changes...
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:35 am
abhilife2001

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by ung1
I think I posted this elsewhere, but here is what EK have done. They have taken the two lowest published fares on every route, changed the maximum stay to 4 months (earlier everything was 12 months) and made these Saver fares.

When they introduced Saver fares, this was not how the were classified. Anyway, it seems last year's devaluation was the small one. This is the big one! I'm glad I bought a lifetime supply of US Air miles!
+1 to the above..
We are speaking about earnings here, but even the redemptions become quite unattractive with these saver fares as no of flights to get a redemption ticket get very high..
I usually fly the Eur - India sector and in LH it takes me about 5 Europe return flights from India to get a return ticket from India to Europe in Y.. For EK it will take anything from 6 - 10 flights depending on fares..LH lately have given quite good promos on redemptions wherein we could get Europe - India return for 30k miles, but EK doesnt seem to have many redemption offers usually..
Only place where Ek redemptions are better than LH is in the fuel surcharge front but c'mon EK can do better than this.