FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Snack in F on UA means something different than Snack in F on CO
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:41 pm
formeraa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by emanon256
Last year Q4 I was on ORD-DEN a lot, which I always assumed was a high rev route. Same flight each week, and I used my 6 remaining SWUs every week because UDU never worked for me on this route.

Sometimes I got dinner, sometimes it was the snack that consisted of a flat bread sandwich, other times it was the snack basket with chips and cliff bars. Mind you, this was the same flight, same mileage, same time!

I was on the same flight last week on a CR1, it was labeled as "Snack" and it was a huge, fancy, and tasty pasta salad with soup and bread sticks.

I just hate the lack of consistency!

Last week I also heard the following conversation.

PAX to FA, "Wow, Ive never flown first class, this was worth the $150 to upgrade, how much is it normally."

FA to PAX, "It costs about $500 to fly first class, but I guarantee you not a single person up here paid to fly first class, no one actually pays, United even give free upgrades to all of their frequent fliers, they just started doing that, they all fly for free."

I can't tell you how much that pissed me off.
It's amazing how bluntly-presented facts can piss people off!