FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration
Old Jan 23, 2004, 7:31 am
1K_From_SNA

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I think it is absolutely ridiculous for them not to follow through on their offering! When they advertised it in Dec all they wanted was our name etc. no requirement to set up a meeting.

Did I sign up to get the 500 pts, yes. Might I ever organize a meeting there, slim possibility. Might I ever have a need to stay there, yes. I go to MA all the time and my Company is based in MA so there is a good chance.

Is my title "Meeting Planner", no, but that doesn't mean I don't ever set up meetings and decide on locations, indeed I do.

Stores often give out free things to the first so many in the door, with no obligation to buy. Often times you can register for various promotions and get something for nothing. So expecting to "register" and get 500 pts is certainly not out of the ordinary, nor is 500 pts exactly a whole lot. I got that from a Sheraton for asking them to change a light bulb in my room.

The 4pts in Norwood should be living up to their side of the bargain, I (and others) did what they asked, now they need to keep their side of it.

I'm not going to make much effort to try and get it because it isn't worth that much, but if I don't get it I will certainly not stay there and I will also certainly not recommend to others to stay there, I'll actually tell people to stay away (and I do spend time, and know a lot of people in MA). One lost room revenue from me, or someone else, would have probably paid for meeting their end of the bargain.

Sad if they don't! Not only gives the Norwood site a bad name, but also Starwood.