FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - clothes while losing weight
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:13 am
techgirl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I've been buying LOTS of knits... wrap dresses (which are wonderful when losing weight), structured pencil skirts, draped cardigans, heavy jersey pants. Much more forgiving as I am buying with no forgiveness at first (so it's "gain a pound, it won't fit") and then losing gives me give room.

A good tailor is great... many things can be minorly taken in.

The one thing that's been killing me has been jeans... but I've found a style at The Gap that I like. I buy them in the size I am at the moment where they are almost too tight to button - jeans today have stretch so that's actually the right size once you've worn them an hour or so - and when the start to get loose, I buy the next smallest size... the bigger ones become more of a "boyfriend jean" (which is stylish right now) while the tighter ones have the skinny fit.

I've also got a couple of great friends who will grab me when my clothes look too big and say "don't wear that again"... I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff out of my closet recently.