FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I Getting This Right? -- Costco Refund Policy
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:36 am
johndeere19

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Jack Burton
From another thread, regarding FT members as a whole:

Hello, JD, just curious and confused on where you stand. On one hand you *seem* to be involved, and approve of this Costco "buy and return high priced items scam", and on the other hand, you *seem* to hold the line with miles earnings at "not cheat, lie, and steal".

I have no intention of starting a fight or debating this with you, just curious on where you stand since your 2 posts noted above *seem* to be at opposite extremes of thought.

If I am missing the sarcasm in your posts, or missing the actual points you were making, then please advise.

Thanks very much.

JB
No worries. IMO, this isn't a "scam" and there's no need to lie, cheat, or steal to have taken advantage of this loophole within a set of policies. A loophole that has since been closed, ime. They allow you to purchase via a certain method and return via another. In the other thread, the OP was considering outright lying to the airline AND violating their T&Cs.

If you'd like to continue this discussion, I suggest we take it off this thread so as to stay on topic. Feel free to PM me.