FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50 Nights in 2010 but Downgraded From Platinum to Gold (Resolved)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:40 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by v88matta
I am fed up with this attitude and had quite a bit of other negative experiences recently (5x500 platinum amenity have not posted yet this year / specific issues at property level and other).

Overall 2011 is not a good year for me and starwood. I hope that by sharing my experience with you, you can share what you think about it.

I believe they have a great loyalty program but fail to deliver customer service wise big time.
I am not going to re-hash any of the suggestions made because most of them were excellent and on-point. I just wanted to say that you shouldn't take any criticism to heart. Many of your detractors are loyalists in more than one frequent guest programme, and almost all of them slam OPs regardless of the brand they take issue with. I suppose when you are loyal to a programme for a lengthy period of time, it engenders a false sense of security - that the company will never do you wrong. That being said, I would kiss and make up w/ SPG, take the 5000 points and put this experience behind you. There are better stays ahead (assuming that SPG comes up with new and/or better property offerings and a decent Q2 promo).