FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50 Nights in 2010 but Downgraded From Platinum to Gold (Resolved)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:04 pm
roadtoyul
formerly v88matta

Thank you stevens397, the hard part was when the supervisor I spoke to yesterday apologized on the phone and offered 1000 points, I could tell she really didn't care. Her tone of voice gave it all out.

I told her if her apology was sincere, I would have liked someone to take the time to write me and explain to me what it exactly went wrong.

Saying I apologize on the phone doesn't cut it in this specific situation. I would have liked someone to pull up my initial 2 hour phone call to platinum concierge and listen to it and see why the person kept on insisting on the numbers she had and didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt.

I asked the supervisor to pull it up as I had a reference number but she refused to.

All I wanted for Starwood was to investigate what went wrong and have it fixed starting from my phone calls to the computer glitch.

Originally Posted by stevens397
Yes, you were horribly wronged. The absolutely worst part was the cavalier attitude that almost every single representative displayed - hard to believe no one was willing to listen and act as if you had something worth listening to.

But you did make one mistake. You posted on FlyerTalk hoping that people would listen, understand and help. What you got was the usual BS and attitude. "Deal with it" "Move on" "What do you expect"

Your instincts are right on. They screwed up and truly have still not apologized in any way to acknowledge the time you had to spend on vacation righting their wrong. You've got at least one fan here.