FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:12 pm
Seattlenerd

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by joshc40
We stayed at the Villas last year and are going again next week. I echo the earlier comments about a wonderful facility and amenities but customer service that is no where near up to that standard. We had consistent problems with things that were minor, but when added up were really grating...Not having the room serviced at all, requesting that it be serviced in the morning so that afternoon naps wouldn't be interrupted but not getting morning service, etc...Same problems day in and day out, even after speaking to customer service multiple times...We were able to stay to for a very good price and are returning because the facilities are so great, but again, I don't understand the awful customer service on what should be routine and basic issues. We hope last time was just an outlier, but the repeated nature of the issues don't have me all that optimistic.
WKORV is, of course, a timeshare. And SVO properties are generally not set up for daily maid service (unless it's paid for extra or is specifically included in a rate; not so sure of what your details were). Typical is a mid-week tidy for week-long stays, and cleaning before you arrive.

That caveat aside, I noticed staying at another SVO property early in March a number of small maintenance and service issues (dead light bulbs, missing kitchen and bath items, remaining crib/high chair from the previous occupant, etc.) that not only had to reported, but had to be reported more than once to get fixed. So something may be slipping due to measures to economize.