FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50 Nights in 2010 but Downgraded From Platinum to Gold (Resolved)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:20 pm
alfagirl

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My two cents....I have been SPG Platinum for many years now and complimentary breakfast is not a benefit (unless it is new). If there is a club lounge, a contintenal-like (sometimes more sometimes less) breakfast is served (but even Gold gets that) and a few hotels will comp you the breakfast buffet in their restaurant for being platinum. Suite upgrades are also based 'upon availability at check-in' - upgrades are not guaranteed for Plat, you should not expect them. (someone else touched on this and this has been discussed a lot in this forum). Rather than phone, I usually run straight to the business center and send an email to SPG Plat CS...they have come through ~90% of the time.
AG.

[QUOTE=v88matta;16149406]If the SPG made an error on your status and you were declined benefits that you would have expected (meaning complimentary breakfast/suite upgrade), are you trying to tell me that you won't feel that your vacation is going on an off start?.......QUOTE]