FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:40 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fpc552
Early June, I will be connecting at MUC, departing on LH F (MUC-CLT). I am arriving from CDG. My mother is connecting at the same time, arriving from IST and connecting to LH C (MUC-IAD).
Questions:
(1) Will I be able to guest her into the FCL?
Yes, according to LH.com's lounge access rules. A passenger with a same-day First Class boarding pass may invite one companion plus spouse/partner, and children under the age of 18. Guests must produce a valid, same-day boarding pass for a Lufthansa/STAR Alliance flight and leave the lounge with the person who invited them in.

(2) Is the FCL in the non-Schengen area (I assume it is)?
The MUC FCL is on two floors with entrances/exits on two levels. It's neither Schengen nor non-Schengen with its own passport control within the lounge. You are both departing to non-Schengen destinations, but you are arriving from Schengen while your mother is arriving from non-Schengen. It will probably be best if you go up to Level H (non-Schengen) and meet your mother outside the FCL near gate H21.

(3) How much of a pain will it be for my mother to clear immigration if I want to have a beer with her at Airbrau?
Depends on her passport. If she doesn't require a visa to enter Schengen there shouldn't be any problem.

(4) Is it worth it compared to the FCL or G28 C lounge Beer Garden?
There's actually Airbräu Next to Heaven on Level H (also called Level 5) airside. I've never been there myself but it might be a good compromise.