FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Energy Plus: Onepass promotion (NY state electricity supply)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:02 pm
mstar123

I do not think you are missing much. I just recieved this from AA for 7500 miles after 2 months plus 2 miles for every $1 spent. First month guanteed to be below local electric rate.

I called EP and they said they have only been in NJ for 4 months so did not have summer data. they claim to stay competitive

I have JCP&L and their current rate is about .1269 per KWH they told me August last year was .118KWH and they project about .1269 for the summer.

JCP&L will raise summer rates when you use over 600 KWH. Last year was hot in NJ and I only used 480 KWH at most with in window A/C units so pretty muc hit is fixed for me.

I think what OTHERS MISSED, is they did nto bother to ask the correct questions. It appears NY consumers who are complaining HAD NO IDEA HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT!
Yes I would never switch for bonus miles if I was getting .06 KWH.

EP tells me the first month rate will be .113 KWH and their 4 months they had a range of .1121 and .113

As for some telling you are locked in for two extra months, in NJ that is not possible if you time it correct.

Talking to First Energy Corp which is JCPL., To switch to EP takes 10 days becasue they are required by law to send a letter to you of the switch. This is to prevent slamming. However they get it wrong since it is a do nothing and we will switch you rather than allowing you to call or sign something that you agree.
So you hve to wait 10 days even if you get the letter in 3 days.

Now it is next day switch if you want to switch back to the original supplier. That is, as long as you are going back to the company that brings you service, they do not have to mail you a switch back letter. I am pretty sure she said as long as you go back to the carrier you had prior. So if you swtiched to someone other than JCPL and then switched to EP then you are two companies removed and the letter would have to go out. I am probably not explaining it clear.

Basically just know that for JCPL at least in NJ, you can just call JCPL and switch back withotu another wait, PROVIDED you beat the meter read date.

I guess one factor to having to go an extra month otherwise is if they are slow in sending out the bonus. IF you get the miles two weeks into the 3rd month call JCPL and have them do the switch if it works for the meter read.

Seeing that if I do this my 2 months will be up before the hottest months and right now they claim to have stated competitivly below JCPL for the last 4 months.

So for me a a few pennies per KWH is not going to bother me since I am pretty good on my electric use. IF it jumps to $.18 KWH then yes I will not be happy but maybe the 2 miles for every $1 and the bonus will help.

As the rep pointed out, if they did not stay competitive they would loose customers.
But in the end I will be the one to blame if I do not keep up on them and those who complained about the rates and did not check before the switched, to see that they have it made in NY, then you can only blame yourself.

[QUOTE=tarheelnj;15492075]I'm in NJ and just got a letter offering me 7,500 miles (as a CO Chase cardholder, which I am) or 5,000 miles (if not) for switching my electricity. Then, as a cardholder I would get 3 miles for every $1 spent on the "supply" portion of the bill. You get the initial bonus miles after 2 billing cycles.

What am I missing?