FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat saving brouhaha
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:30 pm
num1bearsfan

Programs: SWA EMP (the ultimate program)
Originally Posted by jkburns1
I understand he has no right to save the seat and I know they said flight was full... But at the time you were boarding were their two seats together available nearby?

I'm just thinking if I was in same position I'm goin a row or two or three back rather then bothering with it. As a cp holder with a wife who holds no status I've never been in a situation to have to literally save a seat for her, nor would I be gruff if someone like you wanted to make damn sure I didn't.

I just don't understand why folks are so bound and determined to make life difficult to fellow human beings. Flying would be a lot more pleasant with a little more respect, compassion and understanding for our fellow humans.

Not the "well the policy says... so I had a right.. and he can't do that" and screw that he's just trying to sit with his wife attitude (not saying poster has that attitude that's why I ask about other options poster had) just saying I see the holier then thou, who cares about the fellow passenger, I'll show him on FT all too often.

Well how about the guy saving the seat exercising a bit of common sense? If you know you're boarding earlier than your companion and that you'd like to try and save a seat, DONT sit in a seat that might be coveted by other passengers! I'm sure he probably stood a good chance of getting a seat saved for his wife has he just taken another arbitrary seat in the back half of the plane. I think it's more reasonable for HIM to have to sacrifice a bit, than to make other early boarders sacrifice for the benefit of a later boarding group passenger.