FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dearborn Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Left 31 Oct 12-Now Adoba hotel
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:17 pm
tashworth

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Just completed a 1 night stay at the HR Dearborn. I was concerned about my choice from the previous postings, but actually had a nice stay. Service, in my opinion was outstanding--as good as any Hyatt I've experienced. Yes, the hotel is very dated--like a step back to 1990 or so, but it's clean and my room, on the 12th floor, was in good condition. The room is a bit Comfort Innish with a Hyatt bed (but I'm staying at a Comfort in a couple of weeks, so what do I care?). The breakfast buffet is very good, and service very friendly. The hotel seemed reletively empty on this Wednesday night, however the restaurant did get somewhat busy in the morning, and the lobby bar had quite a few people in it from what I observed. Parking is free ( and the mall is very nearby with a good choice of restaurants.

I think it's a very good value in Dearborn--convenient to many parts of the metro area. It is a HUGE hotel showing its age and lack of business. You can definitely envision the "heydays" with its closed restaurants, quiet valet and overwhelming presence.