FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental/United Club Lounge at GRU
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:54 am
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by qfrodo

dgcpaphd, have to agree with your observations. I noticed the increase in use on March 1 and am expecting the same this Monday. And the TAM business lounge is small and has always been crowded as well at that time in the evening. But in another recent post that I read here on FT someone commented that they or others had to sit on the floor in the gate area as all the seats were taken. Probably what the near future holds as they try to improve GRU for 2014 and 2016.
Hello, qfrodo -

When you mentioned the TAM lounge, I remembered something I neglected to mention about the RCC.

The internet service at the RCC has been available for free since sometime last year and I found it functional. However, last Tuesday evening, there were so many people trying to use the service that connection speeds were incredibly slow and often pages failed to load. Furthermore, telephones that use wifi also would not function properly because of the VOIP used for the conversations. The girl at the reception desk told me she got many requests from lounge users to reset the system but, because of the huge number of people using the system, resetting it did no good.

As an alternative to an overcrowded internet connection, it is allowed for United passengers to use the TAM lounge if they chose. In that regard, I used the TAM lounge on prior occasions where there is an internet connection that does not get a large number of users like the one at the RCC does. TAM, furnishes lounge users with a card and PIN to access the TAM provided internet service.

Even though you mentioned that the TAM lounge gets crowded and a seat is sometimes difficult to find, if someone really needed to use the internet while the one in the RCC was not working properly, TAM would be an alternate source of a provider.
-