FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental/United Club Lounge at GRU
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:06 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by boboqui

I'll be spending 3+ hours at GRU waiting for a connecting flight out of Brazil after clearing customs in Rio and I'm wondering if there's a Continental/United Club Lounge past the customs area.
I was in the United/Continental (RCC) lounge two nights ago. I had a United flight that left at 10:10. Prior to the departure of my flight, there was also a Continental flight scheduled to leave as well as another United flight scheduled for 9:10.

Incredibly, almost every seat in the lounge was taken when I entered the lounge.

It was not until the Continental flight was called and the United flight was called did the lounge resemble anything like I recall as far as crowds go.

Even though the lounge had been filled with waiting passengers, when the lounge finally cleared to a comfortable level, the available refreshments, including hot soup, were a welcome thing to find in the lounge prior to departure.

Although some posters (in other threads) have criticized the lounge and said it was the worst lounge they had ever seen, I think that once you see for yourself, the lounge is quite nice despite its somewhat aged appearance.

Enjoy the lounge.
-