FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need your help for a Fairmont trip
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:00 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alelex
So, I think the idea to fly from Vancouver to Calgary can be good and fun too! Vancouver is a easy city to discove by feet? or NEED a car?
Vancouver is a great city to walk around and use public transport/taxis if necessary, Robson Street to the Harbour front is about 10-15min, Stanley Park is about 10min walk from the Pacific Rim.

I dont want to only sleep one night in each hotel, because you can't really "enjoy" the place when is just one night, so I was not sure if I go to Edmonton (MacDonald is a must see too? I know lot of you knows this hotel).
Spending at least two nights at each property is a good idea.

If youīre staying at the Banff Springs for two nights, you could limit yourself to one night at Lake Louise (itīs only half an hour away)

Also, if you do include Edmonton or Calgary, I wouldnīt stay more than one night. (personally I donīt consider them "must visit" hotels and would probably skip them alltogether)

Banff is a little kid dream, and I booked this hotel for next year (honeymoon trip (my poor future wife hate trees )) So I want to check if can be still good!
The Banff Springs is a great hotel, though as mentioned above, I prefer Jasper in terms of location. I guess Canada isnīt the best place if she hates trees, I donīt get too excited about forests either, but combined with a lake, some mountains and a Fairmont hotel you get one the nicest places on earth.

And when back to Vancouver, stay maybe in Fairmont Airport? I read at some place the Fairmont Airport is a good one, or maybe I just wait to book when i start my trip and see wich one (between Pacitic Rim and Fairmont Vancouver) is my fav.
Iīd definitely recommend staying at the Pacific Rim. The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is likely the nicest airport hotel Iīve seen and definitely is a 4*+ hotel, but not as nice as the Pacific Rim.