FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Pulitzer, Amsterdam 1999 - 2007 [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2003, 9:31 am
Bostom

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
We were treated well enough on check in this past August - enought to be assigned the Royal Suite on a 2 for 1 rate and a couple of free weekend nights for a 10 day stay. I think the paid worked out to about $150/nt.

But too many small issues like poor housekeeping, no room service post 11 PM, the self-same unhelpful concierge, unpleasantness about the inclusion of breakfast in the rate (I mean, it said "included" on the reservation confirmation and they still didn't want to honor it) and the crowd scenes in the lobby detracted from the ambiance I expected.

On price it was a deal. For location - tops. But in terms of service, luxury and concern for guest satisfaction it's a ways from 5 stars. We became friendly with the proprieters of a small but lovely cafe/bistro around the corner (as the food was better and the prices lower than at the Pulitzer) who said they'd heard the same from guests over the years - once wonderful but now coasting on it's former reputation.