FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Taipei [to Close December 31, 2018] [Master Thread]
Old Nov 28, 2003, 7:01 am
Snoopy

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Stayed at the Westin Taipei on Tuesday night. It was my first stay there as a Plat and I was pleased to be upgraded to a suite on the 15th Floor (Executive Floor) as they call it.

I had been in the room all of 2 minutes when there was an almighty rumblin' and a shakin'. Not an earthquake, living in Tokyo I recognise them easily. It stopped after a few minutes, but started again after about 5. This kept up for about 30 minutes. I was going out for dinner, so on the way out I enquired whether this would continue all night. The girl said that she didn't know but would let me know when I returned. Sure enough her answer was that it was some machinery on the roof (the 15th is the top floor). Anyway I said that I wanted another room then. She said that would be ok, but not a suite. Well, considering that I was only there one night, that wasn't an issue and anyway, I'd rather have the sleep than space to prance around in! So, no sooner said than done I was demoted a floor to the 14th (also executive though...) to a nice sized regular room and a great deep sleep.

Breakfast in the Exec lounge was great. The buffet is well appointed and the lounge wasn't at all crowded despite there being quite a few people in there.

The Westin is a nice hotel and I will stay there again....just not on the 15th Floor!