FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Taipei [to Close December 31, 2018] [Master Thread]
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:54 pm
Fly Me To The Moon

Stay at Westin Taipei

Stayed once at this hotel a few months after opening, and stayed there again this past weekend. The first was on a paid stay; the second on a "cash+points" stay (Category 3).

I am a Platinum and both times got upgraded to a suite upon checkin. The suite has a separate living room (quite nice) and bedroom. Late checkout of 4:30pm given, no questions asked. Very good recognition of Platinum members. There was a Heavenly Bed, and very comfortable. In-room fax/copier/scanner in my suite. Decor is nothing special (just similar to many five-star hotels in Asia), but the rooms were spotless clean.

Ordered a burger at 10:30pm after checkin; took 40 minutes to deliver.

During my first stay, their Executive Club Lounge was not open yet. So, received two Breakfasts at East West Buffet. During my stay yesterday, got access to the Club Lounge--it was EXCELLENT. The breakfast spread has to be one of the best I have experienced (I would say on par with the Grand Hyatt Grand Club Lounge in HKG, which many Flyertalkers consider excellent as well). The Lounge has good seating and lighting, a large-screen projection TV (no doubt for sports games!), and is very quiet and comfortable.

I didn't try out any of the F&B outlets on this occasion (they have 12 or 13 of them), but according to friends in Taipei, they say the experience at the restaurants have been quite good.