FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort left Starwood 6/30/09 (Master Thread)
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:29 am
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
We were just there last month. What a great time. A most impressive property that is exceptionally well run. Staff is amazingly attentive and helpful -- no kidding. We found the club lounge staff to be among the most professional and gracious that we've encountered.

-Plat u/g to Suites
As a plat member myself, I found this property to do a model job of plat recognition at the very professional front desk. We were in a two room suite with mini kitchen, Bose Wave, 2 decks. Very nice indeed.
-Anyone know how many suites they have?
In the main building(Breakers Cay, I'd guess 20 to 25, there are more at Lighthouse Point.
-How is the beach/sand/water
We're not beach fanatics, but it looked great. We walked the beach in front a few times and plenty of folks were in the water having a great time.
-How is the pool? In a word, fabulous. So was the adjacent Sheraton's. (60 second walk).
-Is this resort ok for kids? Heavens, yes.