FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Skywards Questions Answered
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2011, 7:36 pm
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
Hi!
I have 2 questions - I'm hoping to be able to use skywards points to upgrade one leg of my flights - the flight from DXB - SIN - it's not for ages yet but I see that upgrades are available on another flight I have booked at the same time - CGK - DXB - does this mean that it is unlikely that business upgrades will become available for DXB - SIN?

2nd - if I am fortunate enough to bag an upgrade in advance - I won't be able to use the chauffeur service in Dubai, therefore can I use it to take me to the airport for the first leg of my flight - or can it be used once I arrive in Singapore?

Many thanks.
You can use Chauffeur drive before and after the upgraded leg. So to pick you up in DXB if you want to head out to town, and to drop you off in SIN.

As far as upgrade availability goes, this is notoriously difficult on the SIN sector as premium loads are crazy. The 348 (via Colombo) is easier to get an upgrade on. On the other flights, upgrades are usually available about 2-3 days in advance, if seats aren't sold out at that point.

Keep in mind that from CGK there's a chance of getting stuck on an old J config aircraft.