FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seasttle 4 seasons does not respect the do not disturb sign
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:34 pm
nba1017

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
the bottom line is FS is well regarded here in terms of service recovery.

perhaps the stairway doors are louder than room doors, and/or some rooms have less soundproofing.

if hotel knew guest was out of DND room, it might be somewhat different, but voicemail suggests otherwise. and the first time it seems they were in the room >

OTOH, perhaps it can be good to discuss DND with hotel before using it. especially in situations like >
I think the DND is a valid service issue, and the OP is right to be annoyed by it, regardless of the rate paid. I'm at a mid-level Ritz right now on a free night, but that would have no bearing on my complaints if the service suffered. However, the baseball analogy is correct. The first room I was shown was next to the elevator. Not the best thing in the world, but, you get what you pay for. (For the record, I paid $100 and got an upgrade to a club suite, not a bad deal...).

The structural concern over the doors is something he experienced the first time, and isn't something that's going to change overnight. If you don't like it, then don't stay there again.

Additionally, the $78 charge, while a bit annoying, could be a legitimate charge, and isn't really that big of a deal.

Finally, of all the hotel chains in the world, Four Seasons has always been, in my experience, wonderful at resolving this sort of situation for guests who take the time to call or write a letter with their concerns. You won't rectify the situation by discussing it on here.