FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO International Terminal - asking you to confirm your last name
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:10 am
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Somebody Flying Out of SFO Has GOT To Record This!

Originally Posted by goalie
Bolding mine: <grrrrrr> The "last name issue" aside, a TSO is in a customer service environment just like a bank teller is and no matter how rude a pax/bank customer may be, the TSO/bank teller has to take it without lowering themselves to the other side by yelling, screaming and etc but the reverse is also true where a bank teller/TSO cannot be the "instigating rude party" (for lack of a better term) and in this situation, the TSO was flat out wrong and needs to be disciplined (and any supervisor who condones this action such as did the supv who arrived and was told "this smart a$$...." as any supervisor and/or manager worth their salt should have cut the TSO off saying something along the lines of "stop, you're out of line" and immediately apologize to the pax)
PLEASE! Can someone record one of these encounters soon? This is before you have to remove most of your clothing, so it should be pretty easy to put a recorder or cell phone in a front pocket. Turn it on while there are a couple of people in front of you and you should be good to go.

I haven't been through SFO in years. Otherwise, I would gladly do the honors. I would do the "it's on my BP routine" and, after relenting, pronounce my last name as "Smith." Then, we would get into a discussion about the right one has to pronounce their name any way they darn well please.