FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO International Terminal - asking you to confirm your last name
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:53 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Awtas
Here's what happened yesterday at SFO Terminal 1.
I approached TDC in T1.
After using the magic light
TDC (Delena): Your last name?
Me: Printed on the BP
TDC: Your last name?
Me: Printed on BP and my ID that you have.
TDC: Your last name?
Me: Need help reading it?
TDC: Supervisor!!!!
2 striper comes in
TDC: This smart a$$ won't tell his last name.
Me (to the 2 striper): Can I have a comment card.
2striper leaves for a comment card.
Me (to the TDC): Smarta$$ right.
TDC: Yes smarta$$. You're acting like a 5yr old and will be treated as one.
2striper comes back with the card and 3striper.
Was back and forth with the 3striper up till I gave up my last name and was on my way.
It all took ~3-4 mins.

Can anyone answer the question, what do they do if person doesn't speak English and has no clue what TDC is asking?
Bolding mine: <grrrrrr> The "last name issue" aside, a TSO is in a customer service environment just like a bank teller is and no matter how rude a pax/bank customer may be, the TSO/bank teller has to take it without lowering themselves to the other side by yelling, screaming and etc but the reverse is also true where a bank teller/TSO cannot be the "instigating rude party" (for lack of a better term) and in this situation, the TSO was flat out wrong and needs to be disciplined (and any supervisor who condones this action such as did the supv who arrived and was told "this smart a$$...." as any supervisor and/or manager worth their salt should have cut the TSO off saying something along the lines of "stop, you're out of line" and immediately apologize to the pax)