FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Any Questions?
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:49 am
Sabine Blasig
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by PraxxtorCruel
Dunno much so I'm asking, so please be understanding

Is Sixt based in or around Frankfurt Main Airport as I'd like to visit their fleet as long as they're not too far? Since the best vehicle group I can hire is (LDAR) due to age what would my chances of getting a 5 series GT be and what engine options do they have? My preference would be 535d and I can't exactly get any upgrade as that would go against their T&C's so anything else would feel like a downgrade, right? Besides the GT what other vehicles are available at LDAR Sixt Frankfurt? Would it be better to pay before flying over there, or just go straight to Sixt and choose the car there and then. Also crossing borders how much would I look at paying?

Thanks for your time

Hi PraxxtorCruel,
Frankfurt Main Airport Branch is located in Terminal 1 and 2 and you would collect the vehicle from Rental car parking area which is within a short walking distance.

I would suggest that you book in advance as it will be cheaper. You have two option at time of booking. You can choose the pre paid option, which would be cheaper but any changes to the booking will incur an amendment fee. If you need to cancel the booking then a cancellation fee is applicable.

The other option is the Flexi tariff is a bit more expensive but any changes or cancellations will be free of charge.

Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee make and model, but we could make a note in the booking with your preferences. Please be aware that certain vehicle can not cross border to certain countries. Please find this information below.

If you would like to take the vehicle cross border but to return to Frankfurt Airport, then the following rules apply:

Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatikan City.

Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries but not with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Jaguar and all Jeeps/Offroader:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia.

It is allowed to enter the last-mentioned countries with all vehicles of car groups IVMR, SVMR and FVMR (including Mercedes-Benz B class, Mercedes-Benz Vito, Mercedes-Benz Viano) and vans

In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all insurances lose their validity.

If you wish to take the vehicle one way then a fee is applicable, which depends where the vehicle is returned to.

I hope this information is helpful.
Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine