FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Baggage Excellence' Campaign: carry on rules check/enforcement [feedback]
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:41 am
MFreezer85

I just experienced this "new" service when I returned home for the weekend from FRA to TXL.
The flight was half empty as I checked beforehand but at the gate an announcement was made "that since the flight is full, passengers should check in their hand luggage".
Of course the flight was almost empty and I was pretty angry to say the least! I mean this was a blatant lie. They knew that the flight was empty but nonetheless stated it was full to make passengers check their bags?
They will definitely lose some pax because of such a treatment.

AND the rules on LH website state that ADDITIONALLY to the carry on or two if in C, you may also bring a small laptop bag...but the newly hired staff did not seem to know this and enforced the rules quite impolitely and aggressively.
ANd trying to sell this as a "more comfort" way to travel is ridiculous...
Checking baggage at the formerly named "quick baggage drop off counters" is quite a hassle involving mostly long lines and means losing quite sometime for those who have to fly a lot.