FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:26 am
xolinlevh

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
So just finished one night there, loved it! Were a few complications, mainly that my friend who i was going with ended up canceling his trip due to concerns about flying through Tokyo (we used his plat for the reservation) So we informed the hotel he wouldnt be there while i was still going. Arrived at the airport, the hotel car is a brand new black BMW 750li, very comfortable! the ride was about 40 min from the airport to the hotel but the car had wifi so i was able to skype home and checkin on the ride. Upon arrival they greeted me at the door, took my bag and walked me to the checkin counter which was up on the 10th floor. No upgrade mentioned, no mention of a plat amenity (which i expected given my friend wouldn't be there), late checkout wasnt offered or needed due to 9 AM flight. After checkin they brought my bag upto the room (booked a fab city view).

Great room! Loved the modern design and Asian style. Not very large but great use of space, the bathroom was quite large, shower with separate deep soaking tub, toilet room, the toilet had 18 buttons. Fully stocked with the usual shampoos and conditioners, as well as toothbrushes and toothpaste, and a hairdryer in a bag.

Large Flatscreen tv with a DVD player in the closet (not hooked up). Bose surround sound (2 mounted speakers on the wall and a sub-woofer under the desk) Wifi and Wired internet for a fee, they said to log in use the room # and name on the reservation, but my friends name didnt work but mine did and made me pay. Mini bar with a great selection, including stockings, glow sticks, hats, and other assorted goodies (oh and booze). There were also 2 wine glasses and champaign flutes in a clever rack near the window. Amazing floor to ceiling windows with a view of the city, push button controlled shades, GREAT lounge bed right next to the window. In fact everything was button controlled, reading lights, desk lights, 'night light' which was a well placed light strip under the bed.

They did have a nice welcome note from the manager and a little snack tray, as well as free water and chocolates/cookies next to the bed. I asked them to arrange a taxi for me the next day to return to the airport (as i didnt quite want to spend that much on the BMW again, PS they also had a Porsche Cayenne). They charged it to my room and gave me the cash for it, which i thought was nice as i hadnt bothered to exchange any currency.

Overall i highly recommended this place!!

PPS. I have some photos and a walk around video ill try to get uploaded somehow.