FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Barra, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil [Master Thread]
Old Oct 3, 2003, 6:02 pm
ryan754

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Arrow Sheraton Barra, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil [Master Thread]

Well I noticed no reports on this hotel and I recently stayed there so I will give a little input. I got a rate of about $145 which was about the same as the Sheraton Leblon. Hotel is right across the street from the Pepe beach scene. My fave in RIO. Hotel looks very new as most surrounding apartments look old. Checked in and was given an executive suite looks like one level below the best suite in the house. There are two towers one residential one hotel. The room had an ocean view as I guess most do. Room was well sized. Small wetbar/kitchen like area. Then a bedroom with bathroom on the left. And a large living area with a desk sofa bed two chairs. A nice balcony with two chairs and a table. Got a fruit basket on arrival. The pool is nice and heated along with a big jacuzzi. As for the health club and locker room with whirlpool steam sauna you have to pay extra except Plats. Well some staff did not know what Platinum was and charged me which I took care of later. I have to say I like the hotel. It has a Miami feel to it. It did not feel as personal as the sheraton though. Then again I have stayed thirty+ nights there this year and slept with one of the employees. I like the Barra sheraton for the location. Yet I like the Sheraton Leblon more as a hotel although majorly overpriced. In the future when I am not using apartments I would probably split my time. sheraton Leblon when hanging in Ipanema and Copacabana, and Barra when in the Barra area. If you stay there ask about the free ride to Barra Brasa, by far one of my favorite BBQs in Rio