FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Left Designer Jeans in Room but "Not Found" by Fairfax DC
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:08 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I left my cellphone at a hilton a couple of months ago. I realized as I was on my way to the airport. Called immediately and they said they had it and would mail it to me. Great, I thought. I called the next day to confirm, and figured it was a done deal. A week later, still nothing, so I called back. Said they'd have to look into it. The next day, the manager emailed me asking how I'd like it sent (overnight, 2nd day, etc). I opted for 2nd day. Sure enough, it finally arrived 2 days later, about 10 days after my stay. Of course, on my next credit card bill, I see a random charge of $22 from the hilton. You got it - they charged me for the shipping. No indication in the email that they would do so, else I would have chosen a cheaper option. I emailed the manager back twice about that, but no response. I was annoyed.
I've been charged for the shipping a couple times and it didn't bother me at all. It was my fault that I left my items in the hotel room so it's basically my responsibility to pay to get them back. The hotel didn't do anything wrong so why should they pay for the shipping. Also if you think they're doing you a favor by shipping it for free, why take more advantage of that by trying to make them pay for quicker shipping.

If they ship it for free, great, but I think you should always go into it expecting to pay.