FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:29 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NJTravelers
I want to reserve a cabana for our upcoming visit to the Orchid and was hoping I could get some recommendations from my fellow FT'ers. We don't have any children and beach/pool doesn't matter - just a nice quiet place to relax. My partner is fair skinned so is always under shade and I am out in the sun, which is why the request for the cabana so it will protect him.

Thanks in advance!!!
Sign up FPC membership.. its' free if you haven't signed up yet, and you get a discount on a cabana being an FPC member. There are regular cabanas, premium cabanas and presidential cabanas. Rates start at $50 per day up to $100+ per day and you get a bag with water and fruit, and they set up towels and cabanas for you. I think FPC gets the cabanas for $35 per day and up.

Originally Posted by pancakex
The quietest place would probably be over by the pool, closer to the rocky beach. No one usually swims over there so it's pretty quiet! The beach can be a little noisy with children playing. While I was there the pool was quieter. But if you decide you like the beach better, there are some cabanas up by the rocks where there are fewer people.

Do you have to reserve the cabana before your stay? I was there just a couple weeks ago and most cabanas weren't being used. So you could probably get away with reserving one when you arrive. But if you want a particular spot, then I suppose reserving in advance is the way to go.

Have a fun trip!
I like the point on the rocks with a premium cabana (regular cabana in a premium location).