FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check your TYO flight status. TYO suspended operation due to 8.9 earthquake in Sendai
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:17 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Himeno
I would not trust anything the media, especially western media, says. They are not interested in reporting the news. They are only interested in generating headlines that will make them money. Most of what they are saying is sensationalist.
It could be true, but at this time, thanks to internet and location free program, I was watching LIVE Japanese broadcasting(mainly NHK) from the moment when the first earthquake occured.

My decision was based on the report/comments by Prime minister Mr. kan, Kanbo Mr. Edano^, and unorganized Toden employees( it seems they are so tired and depressed), and especially daily and hourly changing events and facts?( are the facts are truely facts?).

I wish I could trust the current Japanese Government and their leadership.
However, it has been impossible.

It is said by japanese media that we are safe if we are away from the plants.
But we heard - we did not expect it, we did not think about it, we did not dream of it, we have never erxperienced it .......

Still, I strongly and sincerely hope Toden/Japanese military force/ and others to manage the problem as soon as they can.

I hope Japanese who suffered by Earthquake and Tsunami can see and enjoy the SAKURA this spring.

By the way, my wife is a travel agent and 80% of her clients cancelled the trip to Japan.