FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport Security Stickers
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
CBP can barely see any "Eagle" seal on the front cover of my passport since the US Passport has been so heavily used. Other than with former Soviet satellite states -- those that are part of the EU -- never had an issue because of that. I'm not sure how much that is due to TSA-approved-airline-retained contractors at Italian airports, but perhaps a little "credit" goes to them.

... to say the least. Money and cross-national favors for money are fungible after all, as people in a country that has land borders with Afghanistan, India and Iran find out when payments of blood money occur to get a release for a person on trial for murder.

... and I'm not talking about "Russia"/FSU, despite the legions of FSU expats in the employ of ICTS who I keep running into in various countries.
I fly Italia USA or vice versa at least once a month and have never had the sticker placed over the front. ymmv

Ciao,
FH