FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport Security Stickers
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:44 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I usually leave 'em on - just like I have a collection of "valet" bag tags from RJ flights.

When I did my GE interview, the USCBP interviewer peeled off one of the stickers that had been placed on the "eagle" seal on the front of passport. He said he always likes to see the "Eagle" (and noted that it's usually the Italians that stick 'em on the front...)
CBP can barely see any "Eagle" seal on the front cover of my passport since the US Passport has been so heavily used. Other than with former Soviet satellite states -- those that are part of the EU -- never had an issue because of that. I'm not sure how much that is due to TSA-approved-airline-retained contractors at Italian airports, but perhaps a little "credit" goes to them.

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
There's some interesting politics involving the usual suspects behind ICTS.
... to say the least. Money and cross-national favors for money are fungible after all, as people in a country that has land borders with Afghanistan, India and Iran find out when payments of blood money occur to get a release for a person on trial for murder.

... and I'm not talking about "Russia"/FSU, despite the legions of FSU expats in the employ of ICTS who I keep running into in various countries.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm