FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice Losing Weight - $10,000 contest
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:15 pm
whlinder

Originally Posted by majikTib
Thanks for the Health & Fitness advice. I browsed quickly prior to posting here, but must have overlooked it.

1. I cut out red meat several weeks ago. It's been chicken, white fish, mahi mahi, shrimp, or calamari since.
2. For the last week I've ramped up my intake: 6-8oz. of chicken every 2.5 hours, and alternating 1cup of white rice depending on the day (high days 200g, low days 80g, and mid days mixed in). I did this for one week, doing it for one more to ramp up my metabolism. I'm (hopefully) shocking my body into thinking there's a ton of food and training it to burn more frequently. I'll be cutting out most carbs next week.

A normal day is 8oz. egg beaters and 1 cup of oatmeal for breakfast, the next 4 meals are chicken (rice is 1, 2, or 4x depending on the day). I have a protein shake late for my 6th meal. The carb cycling is to keep my body confused, and to trick it into thinking there's a ton of food to metabolize. The white rice is a simple carb and burns off quickly.

I'm going to look into a slow treadmill walk during lunch. I'm a professional, and while there's a gym at our office, no showers are provided. I don't want to get sweaty during my lunch break and meeting with VPs later in the day.

I'm afraid to lift weights. I love lifting weights and bulking up, but I can't afford to put on any muscle mass right now.

manneca - I think I was definitely in starvation mode for a while. I think I starved myself the first month, so now I'm trying to eat more and speed up my metabolism. ^

Thanks for all the suggestions - they're all appreciated. I'm going to look into standing while working, the colonic, and the Health and Fitness forum.
^^
Have you talked to a dietitian? Just reading your diet it almost sounds to me like you're eating too much, especially if the rice or oatmeal is measured pre-cooking.

I don't think you'll bulk up if you lift some weights, especially higher reps (15-20) provided you are not eating too much. P90X has strength training; are you skipping that? You will plateau if you only do cardio. And cardio is going to ignore your arms/chest/back (and no, don't tell me the elliptical works those, it does but not enough).