FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice Losing Weight - $10,000 contest
Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:02 pm
majikTib

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Need Advice Losing Weight - $10,000 contest

I'm in a 90-day weight loss contest through a restaurant, and there are 54 contestants across the country. I'm looking for advice on losing more weight, as I've hit a drastic plateau. I need ideas for getting another boost, speeding up my metabolism, burning more calories, whatever I need to do!

I lost 23 pounds in the first 23 days, now it's day 37 and I've lost 29lbs. After such a rapid loss, I slowed down CONSIDERABLY, and I've only lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. My goal is to lose another 30 in the remaining 49 days.

I started at 243.6 lbs. on February 7th. This morning I was 214.4. My goal is to be under 187 by my May 4 weigh-in. I'm 5'9 and about 22% body fat.

Since hitting my slow down, I've inserted cardio in the morning (25-35 minutes on elliptical) and P90X at night (only a few times a week, as it takes a day or two to recover). It's helped to drop a few more pounds.

This has already changed my life. This isn't a diet, this has been an entire lifestyle change for me and it's barely been more than a month. I've bought a mountain bike to stay active and joined a softball league for the spring. The winner of the contest gets $10,000, so I would really appreciate any advice at getting back into my groove and losing more weight. Especially if there's anything I can do while I'm stuck at my 8-5 behind a computer.

The winner is selected 50% by weight loss, 25% is my social media activity (they monitor my twitter/facebook/blog/flickr/youtube postings), and 25% based on public votes.

If you wish to vote for me, it only takes about 20 seconds by signing up for a free meal on your birthday at http://gghealthkwest.squarespace.com/kwest-wall - Select #35 Brandon Sanders

I have to eat at the restaurant (Genghis Grill) once a day as part of the contest. It's similar to a Jarrod at Subway thing, but this is a campaign to bring attention to their healthy options. My meals are usually under 550 calories, under 5g fat, and mostly chicken, shrimp, and green veggies. I usually get brown rice with it. I'm eating every 2-3 hours, high protein and carbs, and almost no sugar or fat.

Male
27 years old
215 lbs. as of this morning
22-23% body fat prior to the competition when I weighed 235 #
BMI = 22
Waist: started at a 38" pant size, now I've lost 2.5 holes on my belt and wearing my size 34 pants.

Last edited by majikTib; Mar 16, 2011 at 12:18 pm