FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - would flying 767's TPAC work?
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:50 pm
bniu
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
would flying 767's TPAC work?

I was thinking about how travelers prefer frequency over aircraft size and was thinking of routes like SFO-PEK or SFO-PVG. Instead of flying a 747 most of the year, would flying 2x 767s work better for the passenger?

You'd still have 12 F suites, 52 C seats, and only lose 8 total Y seats, and plus double the number of Y+ seats and more importantly, have just a total of 42 middle Y seats and none in C. Currently, you have 118 middle seats in Y plus 6 more in C.

If it were 2x 767s, I wouldn't mind a later departure from SFO so I can land at night and go straight to bed and not spend an afternoon trying to figure out how to stay awake until night time.

I believe the 767 is even capable of flying SFO-HKG, i know Delta flies SFO-NRT on 767s and that's well within a 767's range. I think the furthest 767 can fly is about 7000 miles...

p.s. I know UA only has a limited number of 767s, I'm not concerned about that. I'm simply wondering if passengers would like double daily 767s over a single 747. The TPAC market really lacks frequency. You see multiple flights each day over the Atlantic but not much over the Pacific.

Last edited by bniu; Mar 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm