FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Itinerary change in my disfavor CDG-ATL-XXX -- options?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:58 am
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 318i
I'm on my way to Paris next week for vacation. My return flight was originally scheduled as follows:

CDG-ATL -- AF 688 1:30p - 4:50p on the 777
ATL-XXX -- DL 7:00p

Just received an e-mail from DL advising that "there had been an update to my itinerary". My new route is:

CDG-ATL -- DL21 1:30p - 5:40p, on the 763
ATL-XXX - DL 7:00p

A quick ITA search shows AF688 is now zeroed out for the day of my travel.

This is unacceptable to me for a couple reasons. 1) the TATL 763 is an inferior product, and I specifically booked AF metal to avoid it, and 2) this leaves me with an 80 minute int'l to domestic connection with checked bags in ATL (not gonna happen, I'm in Y and I'm not DM). The next flight home doesn't take off until 10p.

What are my options here? Am I SOL, stuck on the 763 and doomed to take the much later flight home?
I would call in to see what can be changed. I agree that it is unacceptable for DL to start messing with people's itineraries like this. People book specific flights for specific reasons, and it seems that there was no reason to change this one.

More troublesome than the equipment change (IMO), is the 80 minute connection time. That's not going to happen in ATL. Last time I tried an international to domestic connection there it took me almost 120 minutes to get from my seat to my next gate after clearing customs/immigration/etc.).